Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm back!!

The Vintage Loving Momma is back!  I can hardly believe it's been 9 months since I've posted an update here.  So many things have transpired since I was here last.  Summer came, and it was HOT, the hottest summer since 1980, which I happen to remember. My husband took a new job, we traveled to California for a week and I crafted in the hotel room while he was learning all about his new job.  Katsie had a summer full of tennis lessons, the boys had camps and work outs and life was crazy busy.  But it was beautiful, for the first time in 10 years I spent the summer at home with my sweet children.  School started, football season was a wonderful whirlwind and the holidays came and went.  


And now, here we are, in the 2nd week of 2012.  I have amazing plans for the Vintage Loving Momma this year.  When I originally dreamed up Vintage Loving Momma I envisioned a small online business, something to occupy my time while the children were in school, and something that fed my creativity.  Within weeks of starting VLM I had a desire to participate in local craft markets, it's a lot of work, but it was an experience that I wanted to have.  I LOVE IT.  I love the interaction with people, I love their facial expression as they look through the things I've spent hours creating. I'm the kinda girl who touches almost everything in the store, I'm a tactile sensory kind of person, I love the feeling of different textures, so when people touch my products and smile and enjoy it, it's so fulfilling. The local market experience is something I won't give up.  I just love every part of it, but I believe I can have the best of both worlds.  I have hopes to grow my online business, plans and goals and dreams, and a supportive family and creative community that will help me reach them.  I read this quote in my latest "Where Women Create" mag, 


"One can't believe in impossible things," Alice said.  "I daresay you haven't had much practice" said the Queen.  "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day.  Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." ~Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass," Chapter V


I'm believing in impossible things, it's scary and invigorating all at the same time.  I've set a goal of blogging 3 times a week for now, keeping things listed in my etsy store, connecting with others through the VLM Facebook page and building my inventory for spring markets.  I'm registered for Indie Shopography which starts later this month, very excited about what I'll learn!  





Please share the blog and etsy shop with your friends!!! I look forward to sharing all of the great things 2012 has in store with each of you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment