Friday, February 17, 2012

Broken Hearts. . .

I've been absent all week, I know.  Last Friday my sweet Uncle Mikey passed away after a short, but courageous battle with Esophageal Cancer.  We were told just a couple of days before Christmas that he had cancer, and just a week or two later that he would only have 2 months to live. So he lived for 6 weeks. You would have to know Mikey, to know his sweet, innocent spirit to ever fully understand the depth of sorrow we had knowing that each day that passed brought us closer to the end of his life here.  My Dad died of an aortic aneurysm when I was 14, it was instant, and we were devastated, this was different.  It felt like life was in fast forward, the days go by so quickly, life is so busy, and 6 weeks had transpired before we knew it.  As the days were passing by we prayed, every single day, that there would be no suffering, and in the end, I believe that prayer was answered.  But I'm only human, and my heartaches, and I want more time.  I tried to explain to my children that it wasn't wrong for us to wish Mikey had stayed longer, that it was human nature to be filled with tears when someone close to us, someone who loved us so deeply and we loved just as deeply in return leaves us too soon. I will be forever thankful for the blessing of little suffering, that he didn't linger, but I will selifshly wish he had stayed a little longer. 

Tomorrow is Mikey's funeral, pray for our family as I know it's going to be a difficult day. We do indeed have broken hearts. 




In lighter news, I received confirmation this week that we'll be at the White Rock Local Market on Saturday, March 10th for our first local market of the year. I'm very much looking forward to that!!  I'll be busy getting items sewn, lots of dresses, aprons, and totes are cut and ready to be sewn. If there's anything special you'd like to to be available, please let me know.  And we're SOOOO close to 100 likes on Facebook,  so keep sharing with your friends and  know that I appreciate every single one of you for your support. 

Have a beautiful weekend~


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I followed over from the shine project and am so sorry to hear about your loss. Six weeks almost seems like losing somebody in a day. Definitely doesn't give much time to prepare yourself.

    I pray your family will find peace and a "new normal" soon. Some of the hardest things for me, are having to just let time heal.

    I look forward to following along.

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your prayers for peace more than you could know. You are right, sometimes it's so so hard to be patient in our grieving. So thankful you found me through the Shine Project, Ashley is changing the world.

      Thanks again for following along!! :)

      Delete